Sunday, March 18, 2012

perfect day






maybe I should rephrase that - perfect moments. the days have been long and weird, but I have had some perfect moments.



like this one.....



and this one.




we have had amazingly warm weather this week and have thoroughly enjoyed it. the warm weather also brings all the neighbors out, so this weekend brought a few awkward conversations as well. "I noticed someone's car isn't in the driveway anymore........." Really? You noticed that? Pure genius you are. Others have been kinder, "We are so sorry to see the 'for sale' sign. please let me know if we can help you with anything........ we love you and little Aidan and are so sorry you have had to go through this." Those times I have to bite my lip so I don't cry. I love my neighborhood, the people here have been so good to me and have been the greatest support over the past two years. No words needed, no expectations for witty conversation, just kindness. dinner. shoveled driveway. glass of wine, or just a quiet nod and wave.







Things are still in limbo, but things are good. Really. I am doing well, we are doing well. We really are. Aidan says it best - peace. just a feeling of peace. peace washing over even in the midst of this hardness. peace that passeth understanding, because i do not understand it, but i am thankful still for it.




6 comments:

Kari said...

I don't know any details, but sounds like you need some prayer and love. Will be praying for you and that adorable little boy.

ilona said...

Always good to see a new post here. I understand even less than you...
but I'm sending hugs and kindly thoughts for more perfect moments that you and Aidan can share. Looks like the kite was fun - maybe you should bring it along on our next visit.

This just makes me laugh/grit my teeth. I never (never!)get these things right on the first try! If getting them right somehow eliminates robotic responses - then what are the identity options when you can't get them!?

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing with us how you are doing Napht. Like your mom... always good to see a new post here. Love you!!!

jenica said...

Praying for you! Ps. 121

P.S. my kiddos are getting a kick out of the french music - lovely. ;)

Alicia Farrant said...

Beautifully written and like the others...no details are needed. Praying for you and your sweet little boy! Love you Naphtali. I think of you so often and wish I could take you out for some coffee and catch up!!

Randa said...

Amen to the comments already written. Love you. Praying to our loving Father that you continue to experience that peace from above... from where He is.